Want to try a new drink and not sure what to make? Check out this pistachio martini recipe with a cheesecake twist. If you like pistachio and cheesecake, then you are going to be hooked from the first sip!
The pistachio martini recipe is one of the most popular drinks in a TikTok video right now. Much like the espresso martinis were a few months back.
The pistachio martini drink adds a slightly nutty flavor to dessert-like martinis. It makes for a great drink on a special occasion or just any time really.
While there are a few different ways you can make a pistachio martini such as using pistachio liqueur or pistachio syrup (aka pistachio simple syrup), they are not always easy to find. So our recipe is made with items that are easy to find at your local grocery and liquor store.
The mixture we use will result in a very light green tent of a drink. If you want it to be a little darker, you could add a drop of green food coloring if you wanted. It is only needed if you are wanting the look to be slightly darker as it will not change the flavor of the drink.
We do use a cocktail shaker to make this simple cocktail. If you do not have one, you could also use a jar with a lid or another like item. Just something that will not leak when you shake the drink to mix it.
This drink is usually served in martini glasses. If you do not have a classic martini glass any glass will work. You will still end up with a delicious pistachio martini it will just not look as classic.
If you like this delicious drink, here are a few others to try.
- Cheesecake Cocktail Recipe (aka Cheesecake Martini)
- Cheesecake Strawberry Shortcake Martini
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding Jello Shots Recipe
Key Ingredients Needed:
- Ice Cubes
- 2oz Amoretto
- 1oz Vodka
- 2oz Baileys
- 1oz Blue Curacao
- 1 Drop LorAnn Cheesecake Flavoring
- Chocolate Frosting, optional for the rim of the glass
- Crushed Pistachios, optional for the rim of the glass
- Whipped Cream, optional for topping
How To Make A Pistachio Martini Recipe With A Cheesecake Twist:
Spread or dip chocolate frosting around the rim of the martini glass.
Then dipped the chocolate rimmed glass in crushed or chopped pistachios.
Add the ice cubes to the cocktail shaker.
Then pour the vodka, amoretto, blue curaçao, Baileys, and the drop of cheesecake flavoring. Give it a good shake.
Pour the cocktail mixture into the prepared garnished martini glass.
Garnish the top of the drink with whipped cream and sprinkle a few pistachio crumbs over the whipped cream.
Different Options For Rimming The Glass:
While we used chocolate frosting and crushed pistachios to rim our glass, there are a few other options you could use.
You could also use cream cheese frosting and a mixture of crushed pistachio and graham cracker crumbs to boost that pistachio flavor with a little added cheesecake flavor.
You could also use melted chocolates or chocolate sauce then dip it into crushed pistachios or graham cracker crumbs or a mix of the two.
Or if you do not want to rim the glass at all, you don’t have to. You will still have a perfect drink, it will just not be as fancy looking.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Is there a way to make this more like a frozen drink?
A. Yes! If you have it available at your store, pistachio ice cream works great for this drink. It will make it more of a sweet milkshake style drink.
Q. Can you use flavored vodka?
A. You can. However, the only flavors that really work for this delicious cocktail are something like vanilla vodka or whipped cream Smirnoff vodka.
Q. Can you use white chocolate liqueur in this drink?
A. While some recipes use different liqueurs such as chocolate or coffee liqueur in their delicious martinis, we chose our mixture to achieve the cheesecake flavor and the pistachio martini flavor all while keeping it an easy drink to make.
Q. Could this be made as just a pistachio martini without a cheesecake twist?
A. Yes! Simply leave out the cheesecake flavoring.
Best Pistachio Martini Recipe With A Cheesecake Twist
- Cocktail Shaker
- Ice Cubes
- 2 oz Amoretto
- 1 oz Vodka
- 2 oz Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- 1 drop LorAnn Cheesecake Flavoring
- Chocolate Frosting optional for the rim of the glass
- Crushed Pistachios optional for the rim of the glass
- Whipped Cream optional for topping
- Spread or dip chocolate frosting around the rim of the martini glass.
- Then dipped the chocolate rimmed glass in crushed or chopped pistachios.
- Add the ice cubes to the cocktail shaker.
- Then pour the vodka, amoretto, blue curaçao, Baileys, and the drop of cheesecake flavoring. Give it a good shake.
- Pour the cocktail mixture into the prepared garnished martini glass.
- Garnish the top of the drink with whipped cream and sprinkle a few pistachio crumbs over the whipped cream.