When the weather warms it also brings the craving of lemon. I’m going to share my recipe for lemon lush cheesecake with you. I will warn you now, this recipe is addictive!
Lemon Lush Cheesecake
This lemon lush cheesecake recipe is pretty easy to make. We made this one right in the 6 quart Instant Pot, but could also be made in another pressure cooker.
It was made in a push pan (this one here) but could also be made in a springform pan.
After allowing to totally cool, simply run a knife or something around the outer edge before push up from the bottom center.
It is important that you allow to fully cool before removing from the pan.
It should take about five to six hours to cool when you move it to the fridge after the first 30 min cool down on the counter.
One thing to note about this recipe is the color.
While you can add a few drops of yellow food color (they do have plant-based options) to achieve the look of these photos, it is totally optional.
It is for color only and adds no flavor to the recipe.
Another option you have is to sweeten with sugar or you can also use cup for cup of Splenda.
I have made it with Splenda so my husband (who is diabetic) could have some and it turned out amazing!
I have to say that this is fastly becoming a family favorite in our house.
Have you ever had lemon lush cheesecake before?
Lemon Lush Cheesecake
- 16 oz Cream Cheese room temp
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Stick Butter melted
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tsp Lemon Extract
- 2 1/2 Cups Splenda or Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 2 Cups Cool Whip give or take depending how thick you want
- In a food processor crush 3/4 walnuts until they are fine crumbs. Then mix in melted butter, flour, and 1/4 cup sweetener.
- Grease pan well and then pack crust mixture into bottom of the pan. Set pan in the freezer.
- Add cream cheese, vanilla, extract, juice from lemon and zest from lemon in food processor (or mixer) and blend.
- Now add in the eggs and sweetener and blend again. Make sure not to over blend as we don't want to add a lot of air.
- Pour mixture into chilled crust.
- Place the trivet into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Add one cup of water.
- Cover top of pan with foil and pinch around the edge of pan.
- Carefully put the pan inside the pot on the trivet.
- Place the lid on and make sure the valve is on sealing. Push manual (high pressure) and add a cook time of 27 minutes.
- When it beeps that it is finished, open valve for quick release. When totally vented, carefully use hot mitt or tongs to remove the pan from the pot and set on the counter.
- Remove foil from pan and allow to cool for 30 minutes. Then place in the fridge to cool the rest of the way.
- When totally cooled, remove from pan. Top with cool whip and a few crushed walnuts.