Nothing like the taste of cheesecake for breakfast! Wait, what?? Step up your breakfast game with this strawberry cheesecake french toast bake recipe. You will be wanting to make it all the time!
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Bake Recipe
Cheesecake recipes don’t just have to be desserts or snacks. You can enjoy the wonderful taste of cheesecake for breakfast too. Not only is this strawberry cheesecake french toast bake delicious, but it also is not too hard to make either.
I made this right in the oven. I am sure you could also make it in a slow cooker, however, I have not tested that method yet.
This was made using fresh strawberries as they are in season and on sale everywhere. You may even be lucky enough to be growing your own.
You could very easily swap out the strawberries with berry or fruit of your choice. Below are a few replacements what would work really well with this recipe.
- Sweet Cherries
Storage & Freezing Tips:
Another great thing about this recipe is it can be made a few days ahead of time. You can either store in the fridge in an airtight container if you will be using within a few days.
Or you can even make ahead and freeze it for when you need it. If freezing it, I like to cut it into the serving sizes needed. That way you can just take out a serving at a time if you want.
Makes for a great way to have a tasty home-cooked breakfast while facing a busy schedule.
This reheats in the microwave well. If you have it stored in the fridge, just pop it in the microwave on a microwave safe dish for about 45 seconds.
Check to see if it is warm enough for you. If not, pop it back in for another 20 seconds.
You don’t want to try heating it for too long all at one time as you don’t want to overcook the cheesecake part.
If heating a serving from frozen, put it on a microwave-safe dish on defrost (half power) for one minutes and thirty seconds.
After it finishes the defrost, then do 45 seconds of normal power.
Bread To Use:
While this can be made from bread right out of a fresh loaf, I have this recipe works great for using up bread that is starting to dry out.
That is because it will be soaking up the egg cream mixture. So you don’t have to worry about it being dry.
You could also use leftover things like french bread or rolls. As I said, it makes a great recipe to use up bread that will soon be going bad.
I do recommend sticking to a mild flavored bread. I used white to make mine. I would avoid things like rye, pumpernickel, seven grain and so on. I say this because I think those flavors would overpower the taste of the cheesecake.
Making This Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Bake:
The first thing you want to do is preheat your oven to 350.
Then cut your bread into cubes. I cut mine into about one-inch pieces.
Then mix your egg cream mixture.
Dump the bread into the mixture and mix it around with a fork. Try not to squash the bread you want it to stay chunky. But you do want it to get fully coated in the mixture. Set aside.
In another bowl, beat cream cheese until it is smooth. Then add in your other cheesecake ingredients and mix well.
Slice your strawberries into slices or chunks.
Grease an 8″x8″ baking dish. Make sure it is greased well. Then add about 3/4 of the bread mix into the dish. Add a layer or sliced strawberries.
Then add about half of the cheesecake mixture over top the strawberries. Then repeat those steps until everything is in the dish. Smooth out cheesecake mixture on top with a silicone spatula.
Place in the center of the oven for one hour. Should be light golden color when done.
Serve with strawberry or maple syrup and a few fresh strawberries.
If you are looking for an easy snack/brunch idea, check out this Mini Blueberry Shortcake Cheesecake.
Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Bake Recipe
- 8-10 Fresh Strawberries washed and sliced
- 8 Slices White Bread
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Splenda or sugar
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temp
- 1/3 Cup Splenda or sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Cut your bread into cubes. I cut mine into about one-inch pieces.
- In large mixing bowl, mix 3 eggs, 1 tbsp Vanilla, 2 tbsp Splenda (or sugar) and half cup cream. Mix until fully blended.
- Dump the bread into the mixture and mix it around with a fork. Make sure to get all the bread coated but not to squash the bread. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese until it is smooth. Then add in 1 tbsp vanilla, 1 egg, 1/3 cup Splenda (or sugar) and 1/4 cup cream. Mix well.
- Grease an 8″x8″ baking dish. Make sure it is greased well.
- Then add about 3/4 of the bread mix into the dish.
- Add a layer or sliced strawberries. Use about half of the strawberries on this layer.
- Then add about half of the cheesecake mixture over top the strawberries. Then repeat those steps until everything is in the dish.
- Smooth out cheesecake mixture on top with a silicone spatula.
- Place in the center of the oven for one hour. Should be light golden color when done.