Best Farm Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
A summertime classic cheesecake recipe dessert, topped with fresh strawberries. This strawberry cheesecake recipe is the perfect combination of rich flavor that melts in your mouth.
With a sweet, graham cracker crust this easy cheesecake is sure to be a hit at your next gathering!
A cheesecake recipe that’s a showstopper no matter how it’s served. It’s a blend of sweet, cream cheese filling with tart, sweet strawberries wrapped up in a graham cracker crust.
Traditional cheesecake has a classic, velvety texture that people fall in love with, and this one is no exception!
Though cheesecake is naturally labor intensive, the recipe below is very easy and straight forward.
You’ll fall in love with this cheesecake because:
- It’s always a crowd pleaser.
- The cheesecake uses staples you most likely already have on hand.
- It’s a farm fresh recipe that comes out light and refreshing.
If you love strawberries, here are a few other recipes you may enjoy.
- How To Make Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Bake Recipe
- Easy Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Fluff
Strawberry Cheesecake Ingredients You’ll Need:
Graham Cracker Crumbs: though technically you can use graham crackers and crush or pulse them yourself, it’s better to just buy the crumbs. This way the base comes out even with every bite.
Sugar: plain old white sugar blends best into this strawberry cheesecake.
Butter: opt for regular butter instead of salted.
Fresh strawberries: make sure to wash your strawberries before using. Fresh strawberries work best as frozen ones will create too much liquid in the recipe.
Cream cheese: make sure to use plain, full-fat cream cheese so that the filling comes out thick and rich.
Heavy cream: this helps to soften the cream cheese a bit while keeping the filling creamy.
Sour cream: don’t skip adding both the cream cheese and the sour cream. These ingredients combined are what make this strawberry cheesecake the smoothest one you’ve had.
Corn Starch: this is what will bind the filling together. Arrowroot powder would work in a pinch.
Eggs: make sure to grab larger eggs as you need them.
Vanilla extract: the purer the vanilla the richer the flavor will be.
How To Make Farm Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake:
- Mix the crust ingredients together until it looks like wet sand.
- Place the mixture into a greased spring form cheesecake pan and press it down firmly. Set aside.
- Add the farm fresh strawberries & sugar to a saucepan and cook until you have a jam-like texture.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until blended.
- Add in the eggs next and mix until just combined.
- Finally, add in the sour cream, heavy cream, and starch and mix until blended.
- Pour batter over the crust and then pour the strawberry sauce (strawberry puree) over the filling.
- Place the cheesecake pan into a hot water bath in the oven at 375F. Bake cheesecake for one hour.
- Turn off the oven and crack the oven door to it while letting the cheesecake sit.
- When cooled, place it in the fridge covered.
Important Teaching Tips:
For the strawberry sauce, if you would like it to have fewer chunks you can run it through a blender once it’s cooled. However, if you like some texture to your strawberry cheesecake, leave it as is once mashed.
When you mix in your starch and creams, the texture of the filling should look thick and not runny. Think of a thick yogurt look. That’s how you know it’s ready.
Really make sure not to overbeat the eggs when mixing. If you do, chances are your cheesecake will fall a little flat instead of holding up lightly.
Make sure to use fresh strawberries (and wash them before serving!) instead of frozen ones. This is because as the frozen ones melt, they give off liquid. This liquid in turn can alter the texture of the cheesecake.
Don’t overlook using a water bath! That is one of the things that makes this farm fresh recipe a classic version. Water baths help the cheesecake stay moist as well as preventing cracks.
If you’re not pressed for time, try to let the strawberry topping cool before pouring it onto the cream cheese filling. This way the filling isn’t at risk of melting and sinking.
For sheer presentation purposes, when you pour the strawberry sauce onto the cream cheese, use a toothpick to swirl the mixtures a bit. Trust me, it looks beautiful! To garnish the strawberry cheesecake, slice fresh strawberries on top right before serving.
To get your graham cracker crumbs, you can either put the crackers in a bag and crush them by hand or use a rolling pin. You can also pulse them in a food processor.
How To Serve Classic Strawberry Cheesecake (Made with fresh strawberries) :
Make sure to serve the cheesecake full chilled from the fridge. This way, it holds its creamy texture. Right before serving is also when you’ll want to add any additional garnishes such as whipped cream.
Before slicing it, run a knife around the sides of the pan to ensure not too much is stuck. Then very slowly, remove it the springform pan.
Slice it into pieces and serve!
Frequently Asked Questions About Strawberry Cheesecake:
Q. What is strawberry cheesecake made of?
A. Traditional cheesecake is the perfect blend of a buttery graham cracker crust with a light filling of cream cheese and heavy cream. From there, you can flavor the cheesecake with any fruit you wish.
Q. How long will cheesecake last in the fridge?
A. This strawberry cheesecake should last 3-4 days in the fridge. Make sure to store the farm fresh cheesecake in an airtight container.
Q. Can I freeze cheesecake?
A. Though strawberry cheesecake tastes best fresh, it can be frozen. You can do this with the cheesecake as a whole or in slices. However, know that the filling may separate a bit on thawing. Some cheesecake recipes, like New York cheesecake will have a thicker filling and not separate as much. However, traditional versions will.
Q. Can I swap out berries to make a different flavored cheesecake?
A. For the most part this base cheesecake recipe can be used to make any kind of berry cheesecake. However, make sure that when you’re boiling down the berries with the sugar you keep an eye on the texture. Some berries have more water than others and can burn.
Best Farm Fresh Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 1/2 Tbps Sugar
- 5 Tbsp Butter melted
- 2 1/2 Cups Fresh Strawberries washed and chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 16 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 8 oz Full-Fat Sour Cream
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Farm Fresh Strawberries washed
- Mix sugar, graham crumbs, and melted butter together in a small mixing bowl. Mix well and should be the consistency of wet sand.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch spring-form cheesecake pan.
- Dump the crumb mixture into the bottom of the greased pan and press firmly. Set aside or in the freezer.
- In a small sauce pan add chopped strawberries and sugar. Cook on medium heat for about 10-13 minutes. Mash the strawberries with a wooden spatula or spoon until you have a jam-like texture.
- If you would like the sauce to have fewer chunks and be all the same texture you can also allow it to cool. Then run it through a blender. You can skip this if you don’t mind having strawberry chunks.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add in the eggs and mix until fully blended. Make sure not to overbeat the eggs.
- Next add in the sour cream and heavy cream, and starch. Mix until thoroughly blended. It should look like thick yogurt, not liquid.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust.
- Pour strawberry sauce over the cheesecake filling. Feel free to do some swirls with a toothpick if you like.
- Place the cheesecake pan into a water bath.
- Bake in a water bath at 375F for 1 hour, or until the center is no longer liquid and just slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in with the door slightly ajar until the cheesecake has cooled to room temperature.
- Once the cheesecake has cooled, cover and put it in the refrigerator and let it set overnight.
- Before serving, slice some fresh strawberries and place them on the cheesecake.
These Are Estimated Nutrition Facts