Mint chocolate chip has always been my favorite flavor of ice cream. So I thought I would try making a mint chocolate chip cheesecake recipe. I have to say, it turned out pretty darn good!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
In The Instant Pot
Mint is such a refreshing flavor making it a great recipe for when it is hot outside. I am sure you will fall in love with this mint chocolate chip cheesecake recipe as much I did.
Plus, you don’t have to worry about heating up the kitchen as it is made right in the Instant Pot. If you have never made a cheesecake in a pressure cooker, don’t worry, it is super easy. It is also so much faster than the oven.
For this recipe, it was made in a push pan cheesecake pan. I used this one here and it fits perfectly in my 6qt Instant Pot.
For the crust, I used chocolate wafer cookies. You could also use something like the creamless Oreo cookies if you wanted to.
Also, another thing to note is the food coloring. That is one ingredient in this recipe that has no flavor value at all. It is only added to give the green color as normally one’s mind thinks green when they think of mint.
So it is an optional item. You can add it if you want your cheesecake to be green for the look, or just leave it out if you are avoiding food colors.
How To Make Mint Cheesecake In The Instant Pot:
In a food processor crush cookies into crumbs. Then add in melted butter and mix well. Pack the crumb mixture into the bottom of a greased push pan.
Place pan in the freezer while you mix up the cheesecake filling.
Add ingredients for the cheesecake filling into the food processor and mix until well blended. Then pour mixture over the crust in the pan.
Place trivet in the bottom of the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Then add a cup of water into the pot. Carefully place the pan on the trivet.
Put the lid on and turn the valve to seal. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. Then when finished open valve to vent.
When vented, remove the lid, place pan on counter for about thirty minutes. Then move to the fridge to cool the rest of the way.
Do not remove from pan until fully cooled.
Garnish with a little chocolate drizzle and a mint leaf or two. Enjoy!
Looking for another cheesecake recipe to try? Be sure to check out this Strawberries And Cream Cheesecake In The Instant Pot.
Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake In The Instant Pot
- 4 oz Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- 4 Tbsp Butter melted
- 16 oz Cream Cheese room temp
- 1 1/4 Cups Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Mint Extract
- 1/4 Cup Simi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Eggs
- 9 drops Green Food Coloring optional
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips melted
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- In a food processor crush cookies into crumbs. Add in melted butter and mix well.
- Pack crumbs into the bottom of a greased push pan. Then place the pan in the freezer.
- Add ingredients for the cheesecake filling into the food processor (but hold back half of the chocolate chips to add after poured into pan) and mix until well blended.
- Pour mixture over the crust in the pan.
- Add a few chocolate chips to the top of the batter. They will sink when cooking.
- Add trivet to bottom of the Instant Pot. Add a cup of water into the pot. Carefully place the pan on the trivet.
- Put the lid on and turn the valve to seal. Cook on high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When it beeps that it is done open valve to vent. When vented, remove the lid, place pan on counter for about thirty minutes. Then move to the fridge to cool the rest of the way.
- Make sure you do not remove from pan until fully cooled.
- Drizzle a little melted chocolate over the top and garnish with a fresh mint leaf.
Know that estimated nutrition facts are just a guideline and will vary depending on any variation you make or brand you use from what we have listed.