The Best Butter Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
If you love the flavor of butter pecan and cheesecake this is the dessert for you. This is a recipe for butter pecan cheesecake baked in the oven.
Whether you are a southerner or just looking for a tasty southern dessert, this butter pecan cheesecake is a must-try! It mixes the two flavors for an out-of-this-world dessert.
This cheesecake is made in a 9-inch springform cheesecake pan. But you could also use a 9-inch push pan if you wanted.
If you like this cheesecake, here are a few of our other favorite desserts to try.
- Smoked Cheesecake With Caramel And Sea Salt (Cooked In A Smoker)
- Mini Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Amazing Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe
- Pumpkin Swirl Mini Cheesecake
While you can see the amounts of what ingredients you will need down in the recipe card, I have listed the items here as well so you can just see the list of what you need.
- Pecan Sandies Shortbread Cookies
- Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- Brown Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Heavy Cream
- Corn Syrup
How To Make Butter Pecan Cheesecake:
Preheat the oven to 325F.
Mixed crushed cookies with melted butter and granulated sugar. Then pack the mixture into bottom of the springform pan we did not put it on the sides of the pan for this recipe. We used a 9-inch springform pan. To crush the cookies you can either put in a bag and use a rolling pin to crush them or you can chop them in a food processor.
Bake for 10 mins. Then remove and set aside.
Turn the heat on the oven up to 350F.
In a large bowl mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth with an electric mixer. Or if you have a stand mixer you could use it in place of the hand mixer as well.
Add eggs, vanilla, salt, sour cream, and flour to the cream cheese. Mix until well blended but be careful not to whip to much air into the cheesecake.
Pour creamy cheesecake layer into springform pan and place inside a water bath. If this is the first time hearing about Water bath baking it helps keep it from cracking and the edges getting hard.
Bake for 75 mins. Then carefully remove from oven and allow to cool to room temp for one hour. The cheesecake top should be a light golden brown when done.
Cover with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container and chill for at least 6 hours (or overnight)
Making The Butter Pecan Pie Topping:
Make topping at least 1 hour before serving. This will allow it to cool down.
In a medium saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, dark brown corn syrup, vanilla extract, and chopped or halved pecans.
Bring mixture to a boil, making sure all of the sugar has melted. Set aside and allow to cool before pouring pecan mixture over the top of the whole cheesecake.
Butter Pecan Cheesecake Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Can this cheesecake be made ahead and frozen?
A. Yes you can freeze cheesecake and it will freeze well, however, the topping should not be frozen. It works best if you make the pecan topping an hour or so before serving the cheesecake.
Q. Do you remove the cheesecake from the oven right away?
A. You can do one of two things. You can remove it right away when done baking and place it on the counter to cool. Or you can also turn off the oven and open the oven door and allow it to cool in the oven.
Q. Do you have to use Pecan Sandies for the crust?
A. While it is recommended as we found it fits the recipe better, you could use a graham cracker crust if you prefer with graham crackers in place of the cookies.
Q. Should you line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper?
A. You can if you want but I find that it is not needed for this cheesecake.
The Best Butter Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 24 Pecan Sandies Shortbread Cookies crushed
- 4 Tbsp Butter melted
- 4 Eggs room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 32 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extra or vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Chopped or Halved Pecans
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar packed
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Dark Brown Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- Add crushed pecan cookies with melted butter and granulated sugar and mix well.
- Press cookie mixture into a 9inch spring form pan. Bake in preheated oven for 10 mins.
- Turn the temperature of the oven up to 350F
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla, salt, sour cream, and flour, to the cream cheese. Mix until fully combined.
- Pour cheesecake batter into pan and place inside water bath.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Carefully remove and allow to cool to room temp for one hour.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours (or overnight)
- Prepare the topping at least an hour before serving. So that it can cool.
- In a small saucepan combine 4 tbsp unsalted butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, dark brown corn syrup, vanilla extract, and chopped or halved pecans.
- Bring mixture to a boil, making sure all of the sugar has melted. Set aside and allow to cool before pouring over the top of the cheesecake.